Ohio Commercial Truck Insurance Coverages

Physical Damage insurance is coverage for your truck and trailer. Your premium is based on the value of your equipment. Usually based on a percentage of the value. This coverage is not required by any federal or state law but if you lease or finance your vehicle the lien-holder will usually require it.

Primary Auto Liability insurance is required by federal regulations. Every carrier must carry liability insurance on every truck/truck tractor even on leased trucks.  Primary Auto Liability insurance protects you when a third party is injured in an accident.

Non-Trucking Liability Insurance pays for an accident when the driver/truck is not under dispatch. The coverage is sometimes referred to as deadheading coverage or bobtail coverage. Most insurers do not use these terms.

Non-Owned Trailer Liability coverage protects the trailer you are pulling for someone else.

Non-Owned Trailer Physical Damage coverage insures the trailer you are pulling for someone else in the event of loss.

Trailer-Interchange Liability coverage protects a trailer you are pulling when there is a interchange agreement in force.

Motor Truck Cargo Insurance covers damage or loss to non-owned freight in transit.

Terminal Coverage protects freight located at specified terminals in the event of loss. Usually there are time limitations related to this coverage.

Warehouse Legal coverage protects goods stored at specified locations in the event of loss.

General Liability insurance protects the business for any property damage or bodily injury that might occur which does not involve any of your trucks.

Scroll to top